Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 6: The Final Moments

Five Interesting Facts
     1. Michael's real name is Michael     Jerome Williams, not Oher.
     2. Michael has twelve siblings; they shared the same mom but had three different dads                     
         between them.
     3. Tom Lemming, who writes a list of high school players to watch, said that Michael had no 
          future playing football.
     4. Michael only played fifteen games of high school football, and was scouted by college
          coaches during his first few games.
     5. Michael was put in jail for assaulting one of his team members after they made a crude
         joke about Leigh Anne and Collins. 


Reflection:
      The book The Blind Side written by Michael Lewis, was an emotional story about a family who changed a boy's life forever. I really enjoyed this book because it was written beautifully and genuinely captured the message of the story; you never know how a person will impact your life. This book taught me not to judge people based on their past, race, or how little money and material they had, but  on the contents of their heart. Michael Lewis writes that this book is a "tragedy with a happy ending", which means that Michael Oher's life was a tragedy until the Tuohy family saved him. The book has an overall theme of evolution; Michael evolved from a boy who would always run away, but after meeting the Tuohy's, Michael wants to stay. I would strongly recommend The Blind Side to others that are interested in football and Michael's life.
      I really enjoyed this ORB blogging project. Writing a post each week kept me on top of reading my book and the focus questions forced me to look for meaning in each chapter. I liked that the topic was non-fiction because it gave us a chance to read something different. I liked all of the components of the blog, especially the review because it gave me a chance to reflect upon the book and write out all of my thoughts. I would like to do another blogging project in the future, if given the chance.


Joe Theismann and Lawrence Taylor Tackling Eachother